Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Bernie Blames Bahrain On "Some Kids"

Bernie Ecclestone has once again insisted the Bahrain grand prix will proceed as planned despite continued unrest in the kingdom. Ecclestone told the Telegraph Sport "The only message I got was that there were some kids in trouble with the police.

"We are planning to go. I’ve always said that if there was going to be any drama it would be on the Day of Rage. They would have to do something then. People there seem confident that a race two months away will be alright.

"The teams are not the slightest bit concerned. They seem happy that things will go ahead without problems. Last year was a more clear-cut decision not to go but things have changed a lot since then."

Violence escalated Tuesday on the anniversary of last year's uprising. BBC reported security forces fired rubber bullets and tear gas at youths who hurled back petrol bombs and stones.

 
Powered by Blogger